This seems dangerous to me - Invisalign-type treatment by mail

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

This seems dangerous to me - Invisalign-type treatment by mail

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

I just became aware of this company:

https://snapcorrect.com

Here's the first thing that came to my mind: who is doing the treatment plan when you sign up for this? Is it a board-certified orthodontist, or at least a dentist? No x-rays, no assessment of bone health?? Nowhere on their site does it tell you who is assessing your case and making decisions about how your teeth should move, or the alignment of your jaw. It seems to me that this sort of "anonymous dentistry" is potentially dangerous to the patient. Who will take responsibility if something starts to go wrong?

What do you guys think? Orthodontists who lurk on here, would you like to give an opinion about this?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

FlyByNight

Re: This seems dangerous to me - Invisalign-type treatment by mail

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

Reminds me of those diy braces where that guy ended up ripping his own teeth out. People think they can do these things themselves but they just can't.

zhenleeinSG

Re: This seems dangerous to me - Invisalign-type treatment by mail

#3 Post by zhenleeinSG »

Oh, my! This is definitely a warning to people who want to improve their smile and thinking to get the invisalign treatment. If you really like to avail clear braces, then only the highly experienced and very professional orthodontist must be considered. Getting a newer, better smile is quicker than we think. But if we neglect the quality of the services that the practitioners provide, then expect the worse.