Severe debilitating headaches

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

teethhurt

Severe debilitating headaches

#1 Post by teethhurt »

From the very onset I didn't feel well on Invisalign. Tray "0" gave me an allergic reaction (think hayfever type: sore throat, sinus issues, just overall "ugh"). I asked my dentist - she said you're probably sick. I investigated and found that some people have allergic reactions to the trays. I told my Dentist who investigated with Invisalign to find out that yes indeed they do. So multiple weeks later, I got the new trays - #1 - #3 were non-reactive, but #4 was ,just like #0. Again I talked to my dentist who just thought I was sick (again). This happened with almost every tray I put in after. Then while on tray #15, I got really sick - severe headaches that hydrocodone didn't relieve for very long. Headaches came with throwing up and exhaustion, after a week and Drs. guessing that I had the flu (it wasn't) or an ear infection (it wasn't), I ended up in the ER with a pain level of 9/10 and a fever of 102. Morphine helped significantly, but still didn't completely remove the pain. CT scan of the ears was clear, blood work completely normal, incl. white blood count. ENT cleared me, Neuro after 7 MRIs also cleared me. I happened to remove the tray for longer periods of time and noticed the headaches get better. I put them back in for the regular 22 hrs/day - they came back.

I went to my Dentist, assuming this was just not for me and have had the buttons removed. Headaches are still gone. But now what? Thoughts? Anyone out there experience this type of pain? Could Invisalign have sent the wrong (non-hypoallergic) trays for all these weeks? Thank you

meizhatian

Re: Severe debilitating headaches

#2 Post by meizhatian »

Can you possible switch to traditional braces?

teethhurt

Re: Severe debilitating headaches

#3 Post by teethhurt »

At this point, I"m a few months with no braces, no invisalign ... and no headaches. I can do regular braces, but am not sure I want to. I do however want to get my money back from the treatment and recoup my medical expenses. It's been a very expensive and painful experience. But no one is seeming able to help