Invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Debi

Invisalign

#1 Post by Debi »

I do have Invisalign and have to admit, they aren't as great as I thought they would be. First, lots of people have commented on them...so much for invisability. At least for me, it may be that they are more visable on teeth with spacing, which I have.

Yes, you can take them out but it feels like your teeth are coming out with the braces. Then your teeth are so sore, you really can't eat. And then the worst part, replacing them. Ouch!

I know some people with Invisalign love them and don't feel much pain. I suppose it's the same with traditional braces. My son's friend says his metal braces don't hurt but just feel snug when he has them tightened. While my nephew had his braces for 5 long years because he didn't want to see the Ortho often, it was too painful.

If you can't go with Invisalign, try ceramics. (That's if you want clear.) I made a website with my Invisalign adventure (ordeal is more like it) if you want to check it out. I'm only on aligner no. 4, so two months in aligners. You would think I'd be use to them by now, but I'm not. Still feels like a lot of plastic in my mouth. Oh yeah, there is a lot of plastic in my mouth! lol

Wishing you all the best. Try to remember that we have the end result to look forward to, no matter how we get there.

Debbi