A couple of questions involving Invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tsunami

A couple of questions involving Invisalign

#1 Post by Tsunami »

From what I've seen on these forums, most people that get rejected for Invisalign usually have some sort of overbite/underbite or severe crowding of some sort. I myself have an overbite, but it's an overbite that can be fixed just by moving two molars into better position.

I also have excessive room in my mouth to place all of my teeth together without any extractions (basically just to close in a few gaps). My only problem is that I have three canine teeth that stick out like fangs which erupted prematurely a few years ago.

My question to you all is, could I, from what I've described, be a candidate for Invisalign? If not, could I use Invisalign to treat the less complicated problems and opt for regular braces later?

Also, is it possible to get invisible aligners for just some of your teeth, without covering the teeth that are already fine?

If you guys don't know what I mean by "fangs", I'll try and find a picture similar to my situation.

Thanks.

Dramagyrl

#2 Post by Dramagyrl »

Hi Tsunami
I didn't get Invasilign because of an overbite and the fact that I needed extractions. The ortho said it could be possible, but it would take longer and cost a lot. As for "fangs" I really don't know how Invasilign work for them.
Keep in mind, Invasilign is quite expensive, so if you are a candidate, it depends on what kind of pricetag you're comfortable with. If you do half treatment in Invasilign and half braces, it could really add up.

Find out what the ortho says and go with what's going to work best for you. :)

invisagirl

#3 Post by invisagirl »

Invisalign has a lot of trouble bring down teeth and usually "fangs" aren't fully erupted because of room. I had a similar problem to what you are describing and Invisalign was able to bring down the canines (which isn't common) but goofed up other stuff so I ended up switching to metal braces 2 years into Invisalign. Unless you are really, really against traditional means consider Invisalign and see what an ortho has to say but realize it may not be able to fix everything. Talk to an ortho and see what they say. Having the information can't hurt!

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.