Poll: Did You Have An Allergic Reaction to Invisalign?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Did You Have An Allergic Reaction to Invisalign?

Yes, Sore Throat
17%
Yes, Cough
9%
Yes, Fatigue
10%
Yes, Bronchial problems
7%
Yes, Body Pain or Swelling
6%
Yes, Other (please post details)
11%
NO reaction to Invisalign -- all is/was fine
40%

Total votes: 81

ShrinkerLD

Re: Poll: Did You Have An Allergic Reaction to Invisalign?

#31 Postby ShrinkerLD » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:57 pm

I feel lucky that I haven't had any allergies so far. I do take antihistamine daily for other allergies, so maybe that protects me.

Patterned919

#32 Postby Patterned919 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:46 pm

I didn't know this was so common. I'll update if I end up having any reactions but good to know that it's a possibility.

beachit13

#33 Postby beachit13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 pm

I had no allergic reaction and would recommend Invisalign! It was a bit pricey but overall I found the experience to be much better than braces (which I had in middle school, I'll never not wear my retainers again!).

meizhatian

#34 Postby meizhatian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Now that I recall I had a sore throat around the time I got my first tray...not sure if it was coincidence or related to the aligners... hope it never happen again.

Lola73

#35 Postby Lola73 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes, I believe that I have had a bad reaction. I developed a eye condition called Uveitus. It is when cells in the uvea of your eye swell. This can cause blurred vision, etc and can even lead to blindness if not treated quickly. I have never been diagnosis with this before. I started using Invisalign in August and within one week the whites of my eyes went severely red. The condition of redness would fluctuate. My family doctor thought I had pink eye but after 3 weeks of various treatments my eyes did not improve. I finally went to see an optometrist who was able to diagnose my condition. I stopped wearing the Invisalign and with treatment my eyes recovered. I replaced the Invisalign one week ago and within one week (just like last time) my eyes became irritated. I managed to get to the optometrist and he said the Uveitus has returned. This concerns me and I have therefore taken out the Invisalign tray. My eyes are much to precious to jeopardize and there seems to be a correlation.

Lola73

#36 Postby Lola73 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:41 pm

I should add that my optometrist does not think there's a connection but he really doesn't know and wanted to google it just like I'm doing. Thanks to everyone who has added their experiences with Invisalign. I too have had a sore throat, slight cough and have had the feeling at times where I can't breath.

Return to “Invisalign-type Braces (Clear Aligners)”