SARPE : Turning the expender what to expect?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Konbawa076

SARPE : Turning the expender what to expect?

#1 Post by Konbawa076 »

Hello everyone!

I just had SARPE Monday 6th November and my surgeon wants to start turning the damn thing a week after the surgery. I thought i would have more time but the swelling went down pretty fast. Today, i'm 5 days post op and almost normal, i only have a little swelling on my right cheek and people have to know me well to notice.

Anyway, I'm scared guys. My surgeon is in Anvers an hour away from Brussels where I live which means I will have to take the train...

Does it hurt the first time? Can any of you share their experience? Have any advice?

Konbawa076

Re: SARPE : Turning the expender what to expect?

#2 Post by Konbawa076 »

I just had my check up with my surgeon. I was so scared, I felt nauseous and almost faited when he was about to turn the expender. But it really didn't hurt at all. He turned twice while explaining to me and my mother how to do it. I was surprised to not feel or hear any cracks and mostly so so relieved.

It still took me some time to be able to stand up and go, for me to feel better. The funny thing is that when my mother and i went out from his office, my mother went straight to the waiting room to sit because she also wasn't feeling well and felt like fainting.

Hahaha We are all very fragile in the family. If i have any advice to give is to go with someone for support and to not be scared like the surgery pain is never an issue, it's just all in the head.