IVRO

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bigdirty82

IVRO

#1 Post by Bigdirty82 »

Hey everyone look I just need info if anyone has had IVRO i need it more than all of you but put this off for long time I'm just terrified of it all. Some days I think I could do it and some days not so much like my head says no but heart says yeah, this is a mental surgery if u ask me the whole process of braces and waiting is so flower if u ask me hats off to all u brave souls that done it u are all an inspiration to us who want it or need

Bigdirty82

Re: IVRO

#2 Post by Bigdirty82 »

R88 was wondering how the ivro turned out after u got wires off did it work good and is tmj betterany advise or help would be much appreciated I was like u put this off bc I'm anxious or scared of things that could happen thanks

fullbald

Re: IVRO

#3 Post by fullbald »

Apparently IVRO is not that common nowadays, most of surgeons would choose SRRO over IVRO.

My understanding is that IVRO is safer comparing to SRRO, as the position of bone cutting is relatively far from nerves, hence less chance of nerve damage, however it requires 6-weeks wire post surgery, which makes the recovery less comfort.