Lefort 1 upper jaw surgery and lips asymmetry

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Redmoon

Lefort 1 upper jaw surgery and lips asymmetry

#1 Post by Redmoon »

Hi everyone
I had my lefort 1 surgery almost 20 days ago and I noticed that my lips have clear asymmetry
one side the lip is very thin and slightly turn up and the other is in the same size and position pre op
My doctor told me my face still swollen which is true but the asymmetry in my lips is very clear because one side is exactly the same volume and size before the surgery as I said and the other side is very thin with higher position
I don't know how to post picture here from my phone but I hope I explain my case

Hope to hear from you soon because I'm very worried
Thanks

Redmoon

Re: Lefort 1 upper jaw surgery and lips asymmetry

#2 Post by Redmoon »

I also notice that I have midline asymmetry, it don't line with my nose or my under jaw

They examin me today after four weeks and told me to visit them again after a month
They took my elastics and told me I don't need them and I should be on soft food diet

My jaws don't close compeletly and they told me with braces my bite should be close
But Will braces fix the midline asymmetric ?

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

Braces can help correct/shift the midline. As for lip asymmetry, it could be due to swelling. The tissues would also swell differently as well.

Illogical

#4 Post by Illogical »

If your lip wasn't phsically damaged during surgery it can surely only be due to the swelling?

Are they still numb or can you move them as you would normally?

Try using a pic hosting website like Tinypic to upload a pic from your phone then post the link here (don't include your whole face).

I'm 18 days in recovery and my top lip is still swollen and has very little movement. My bottom lip was damaged and still isn't back to what it should be - I posted about it in another thread.

Redmoon

#5 Post by Redmoon »

The swollen in my lips gone
It look normal but when I smile one side is thin then the other side
I believe they stitch one side more then the other
It was very obvious from day one but now after the swollen went down it's only noticeable when I smile with my lips open
I don't know if there solution for it
I'm glad when my lips are close or when I talk normally this problem is not noticeable
Lucky for me nothing is damege and overall I'm happy with my result

But I would love if there solution tho :Questions: