New elastic pain and tooth movement

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

triforceguy1

New elastic pain and tooth movement

#1 Post by triforceguy1 »

Hello,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area.
So, about four weeks ago now, I went under bimah surgery. For two weeks after surgery, I wasn't required to wear any elastics. At the two week checkup, I was then put on elastics, I had to put them on in a rectangular shape. As expected, I had a bit of aching for a couple days, but it wasn't too bad.

At the four week checkup, the configuration of the elastics were changed, I now have to put them on in an upside-down triangle shape (like this \\// not this \¯/). This was on Wednesday, and today is now Saturday but I'm still in quite a lot of pain. It's too the point where I don't even want to open y mouth unless it is absolutely necessary, but even then it still aches a lot. The consultant told me this configuration is supposed to make my canines slot together. One other problem I've noticed is the fact that one of my teeth (I think it's my lower left lateral incisor) has shifted back slightly, which has me slightly worried.

I know after my surgery, the glue behind that brace bracket broke off, and when I said something during one of my checkups, they said they wouldn't be able to do anything about it at that time. But I think that may be the reason why it shifted back.

What do you all think?
Leon