SARPE gap not closing

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

woollymammoth

SARPE gap not closing

#1 Post by woollymammoth »

I got braces about a month after SARPE. The gap closed a bit in the first few weeks but hasn't budged for the last two months. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Vega

Re: SARPE gap not closing

#2 Post by Vega »

Hi,

They blocked my expander about 2 weeks ago. Because my teeth started to shift the wrong way (tipping inwards), my ortho but a very fine wire in with no pressure to keep them aligned.
They are more straight now but the gap hasn't moved one bit either.
I guess it's normal, i've read other story's where it takes up to 5 weeks for movement to even start.

Collie

#3 Post by Collie »

My last day of expanding was March 2nd. I also got my braces on that day. My 10mm gap has closed only... maybe half a mm? It really is taking its sweet time. It's crazy how different everybody's experience with this procedure is.

kim1224567

#4 Post by kim1224567 »

My gap closed by itself before my braces were put on. My last turn was on the 28 May and today (24 April) I got my braces.

So over the 4 weeks between stopping turn and getting braces the gap completely closed until my front two teeth overlapped like this - http://imgur.com/a/RgcSs

I think this is unusual though as my oral surgeon was really surprised when I last saw him - and at that point they hadn't started to overlap.

Orthodontist isn't phased by it. Said it worked in my favour so I didn't have to rock the gap for too long :)