SARPE right after braces?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarpequestions

SARPE right after braces?

#1 Post by sarpequestions »

Hi everyone,

I want to ask your opinion on my situation.
I was recently de-braced and though my bite is much better now than it was before, my upper palate was and still is quite narrow. A few of my teeth do not touch when I bite down.
I had decided against the surgery at the time, but now I think I should have gotten it done. I've read that SARPE isn't that major of a surgery and I even saw the youtube video of it being done.
So it's on my mind right now and I'm wondering if SARPE and braces again is a good idea. My rationale now is that if I were to do it, I should better do it now than later. I am in my mid twenties.

So my question is, especially for those who had gotten the SARPE procedure, did you like the results and what kind of changes did you see?
Do you feel it was worth? Did it widen your face a little because my face is a bit long and I like it if it were to widen a little. (Not sure if that would make me look worse)
Can you breathe through your nose much better? Finally how much were the costs involved?

I know I should probably consult with an oral surgeon, but I'm not sure what to expect as I haven't seen one before.
Any comments or input are much appreciate, thanks!