Reversing jaw surgery: has anyone ever heard of this?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracejks

Re: Reversing jaw surgery: has anyone ever heard of this?

#61 Postby bracejks » Fri May 05, 2017 7:29 am

i'm in similar situation as you as well, but my is much more worse i had second surgery and still not able to show my upper teeth enough. First surgery over impacted, then i went for another surgeon who recommended only move forward the upper jaw no bone grafting, but is improved, still not enough tooth show, what to do now... :(

jawregret1

#62 Postby jawregret1 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:33 am

bracejks wrote:i'm in similar situation as you as well, but my is much more worse i had second surgery and still not able to show my upper teeth enough. First surgery over impacted, then i went for another surgeon who recommended only move forward the upper jaw no bone grafting, but is improved, still not enough tooth show, what to do now... :(

You had it only moved forward, not down?

What did you have in your first surgery? Double jaw surgery? Genio? How much were you impacted?

bracejks

#63 Postby bracejks » Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 am

[quote="jawregret1"][quote="bracejks"]i'm in similar situation as you as well, but my is much more worse i had second surgery and still not able to show my upper teeth enough. First surgery over impacted, then i went for another surgeon who recommended only move forward the upper jaw no bone grafting, but is improved, still not enough tooth show, what to do now... :([/quote]

What did you have in your first surgery? Double jaw surgery? Genio? How much were you impacted?[/quote]

First surgery was impacted 2.5, and moved back 3mm plus clockwise rotated to fix my long face and slight protrusion , i didn't have gummy smile, second surgery with another surgeon who suggested just moved forward 4.5mm and ensure me that it will have more teeth show, now it has been 6 month, it does show a little bit more now when i'm talking very aggressively, but still not enough, and almost zero when i'm talking softly... jawregret1 your revision just only operate upper right?

jawregret1

#64 Postby jawregret1 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm

bracejks wrote:
jawregret1 wrote:
bracejks wrote:i'm in similar situation as you as well, but my is much more worse i had second surgery and still not able to show my upper teeth enough. First surgery over impacted, then i went for another surgeon who recommended only move forward the upper jaw no bone grafting, but is improved, still not enough tooth show, what to do now... :(

What did you have in your first surgery? Double jaw surgery? Genio? How much were you impacted?

First surgery was impacted 2.5, and moved back 3mm plus clockwise rotated to fix my long face and slight protrusion , i didn't have gummy smile, second surgery with another surgeon who suggested just moved forward 4.5mm and ensure me that it will have more teeth show, now it has been 6 month, it does show a little bit more now when i'm talking very aggressively, but still not enough, and almost zero when i'm talking softly... jawregret1 your revision just only operate upper right?

If the upper jaw was brought forward but the lower not touched, doesn't that affect your bite? Did you have braces for the revision?

And I'm not entirely sure what my revision will consist of. Possibly upper and genio.

bracejks

#65 Postby bracejks » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 am

[quote="jawregret1"][quote="bracejks"][quote="jawregret1"]

What did you have in your first surgery? Double jaw surgery? Genio? How much were you impacted?[/quote]

First surgery was impacted 2.5, and moved back 3mm plus clockwise rotated to fix my long face and slight protrusion , i didn't have gummy smile, second surgery with another surgeon who suggested just moved forward 4.5mm and ensure me that it will have more teeth show, now it has been 6 month, it does show a little bit more now when i'm talking very aggressively, but still not enough, and almost zero when i'm talking softly... jawregret1 your revision just only operate upper right?[/quote]

If the upper jaw was brought forward but the lower not touched, doesn't that affect your bite? Did you have braces for the revision?

And I'm not entirely sure what my revision will consist of. Possibly upper and genio.[/quote]

When is your scheduled for the revision, try to make sure what they will do in the revision clearly and don't let them mess up. i'm still in the middle of discussion with my doc, because he asked me to wait few more months and exercise my upper lip hope to improve, i hope it will be only operate upper not both again...i'm prepared anything i could to make my tooth show again when talking even a lip lift....because it is so weird talking without tooth showing..

jawregret1

#66 Postby jawregret1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:59 pm

bracejks wrote:
jawregret1 wrote:
bracejks wrote:

And I'm not entirely sure what my revision will consist of. Possibly upper and genio.

When is your scheduled for the revision, try to make sure what they will do in the revision clearly and don't let them mess up. i'm still in the middle of discussion with my doc, because he asked me to wait few more months and exercise my upper lip hope to improve, i hope it will be only operate upper not both again...i'm prepared anything i could to make my tooth show again when talking even a lip lift....because it is so weird talking without tooth showing..

How are you doing now? Did the tooth show improve at all?

bracejks

#67 Postby bracejks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi, jawregret1,

How are you going, my doctor suggested me to use brace to extrude the upper teeth down and tipping more forward to improve it, but i don't know how much will improve still, but there are some cases fixed by this way, hopefully mine as well.

bracejks

#68 Postby bracejks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:56 am

[quote="jawregret1"][quote="bracejks"][quote="jawregret1"]

How are you doing now? Did the tooth show improve at all?[/quote]

Hi, jawregret1,

How are you going, my doctor suggested me to use brace to extrude the upper teeth down and tipping more forward to improve it, but i don't know how much will improve still, but there are some cases fixed by this way, hopefully mine as well.

Return to “Oral (Orthognathic) Surgery”