Reversing jaw surgery: has anyone ever heard of this?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snophik

Re: Reversing jaw surgery: has anyone ever heard of this?

#31 Postby Snophik » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 pm

If it wasn't necessary from the start, then 3 mm is a lot.

jawregret1

#32 Postby jawregret1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Snophik wrote:If it wasn't necessary from the start, then 3 mm is a lot.

Exactly.

snapdresser

#33 Postby snapdresser » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:16 am

3mm is 3mm and what I'm getting at is that perhaps the bone movement itself isn't to blame for the appearance; maybe she has an infection. That's why I asked when the last time she saw her surgeon was.
No braces
1-piece LeFort I + BSSO + Sliding Genio on 10 JUNE 2015!

jawregret1

#34 Postby jawregret1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:27 am

snapdresser wrote:

3mm is 3mm and what I'm getting at is that perhaps the bone movement itself isn't to blame for the appearance; maybe she has an infection. That's why I asked when the last time she saw her surgeon was.

Last time I saw the surgeon was four days ago, and there was no infection.

zaynab5

#35 Postby zaynab5 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:51 am

Hello
I just had had an 2nd surgery becasue my lower jaw was infected so had to remove the plates and screws. But has anybody had their upper jaw moved back in the 2nd surgery. I am so dissapointed with the result and want my upper jaw to placed.baxk where it was prior to the surgery. Also my lower jaw have been pushed back too excesively. I also feel that my both jaw feel small compare to how it was before.
Thanks

Lostfaith

#36 Postby Lostfaith » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:19 am

I'm now a week a way from having my upper jaw surgery impaction reversed, I have everything crossed and praying it goes well , very scared .

jawregret1

#37 Postby jawregret1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:22 am

Lostfaith wrote:I'm now a week a way from having my upper jaw surgery impaction reversed, I have everything crossed and praying it goes well , very scared .

Do you have the plan of what they're going to do?

jawregret1

#38 Postby jawregret1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Update: my surgeon has offered a revision.

zaynab5

#39 Postby zaynab5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:18 pm

[quote="jawregret1"]Update: my surgeon has offered a revision.[/quote]

Hello just saw yr message, what is your surgeon going to in your rivision surgery

jawregret1

#40 Postby jawregret1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Set back and downgraft my maxilla then adjust the upper jaw.

zaynab5

#41 Postby zaynab5 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 am

Has anyone had a reversal done for upper jaw or lower jaw yet, im trying to find a surgeon based in england who can do this but i am unable to find one

Avrilinvan

#42 Postby Avrilinvan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am

[quote="Lostfaith"]I'm now a week a way from having my upper jaw surgery impaction reversed, I have everything crossed and praying it goes well , very scared .[/quote]
Hello, may I ask how was your second surgery? Do you like the result this time? I have exactly the same problem as you had. My upper jaw was moved up too much and left me no upper tooth show and my bottom lip doesn't cover my lower teeth after the surgery. I've waited for the reversing surgery for two and half years, and I'm going to have the surgery next month. Now I'm really worried what will happen this time!

jawregret1

#43 Postby jawregret1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:55 am

Avrilinvan wrote:
Lostfaith wrote:I'm now a week a way from having my upper jaw surgery impaction reversed, I have everything crossed and praying it goes well , very scared .

Hello, may I ask how was your second surgery? Do you like the result this time? I have exactly the same problem as you had. My upper jaw was moved up too much and left me no upper tooth show and my bottom lip doesn't cover my lower teeth after the surgery. I've waited for the reversing surgery for two and half years, and I'm going to have the surgery next month. Now I'm really worried what will happen this time!

Is your original surgeon performing the surgery? How much were you impacted in the original surgery and how much are they bringing it down now?

Avrilinvan

#44 Postby Avrilinvan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 am

[quote="jawregret1"][quote="Avrilinvan"][quote="Lostfaith"]I'm now a week a way from having my upper jaw surgery impaction reversed, I have everything crossed and praying it goes well , very scared .[/quote]
Hello, may I ask how was your second surgery? Do you like the result this time? I have exactly the same problem as you had. My upper jaw was moved up too much and left me no upper tooth show and my bottom lip doesn't cover my lower teeth after the surgery. I've waited for the reversing surgery for two and half years, and I'm going to have the surgery next month. Now I'm really worried what will happen this time![/quote]

Is your original surgeon performing the surgery? How much were you impacted in the original surgery and how much are they bringing it down now?[/quote]

No, I'm going to another surgeon for surgery. My original surgeon didn't tell me any measurement about the first surgery. I saw another two patient from the same surgeon who ended up with zero tooth show. So I feel it's just the way the surgeon like it to be, and I feel uncomfortable to let him do the reversing surgery. For last two years I had consultation with different oral surgeon for opinion, they all suggest to bring the upper jaw down by 3-4mm. I'll have the pre-op planning appointment, I hope the new surgeon can tell me the measurement. I saw some other people here had the same problem, I really want to know if anyone reverse the surgery successfully.

jawregret1

#45 Postby jawregret1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Avrilinvan wrote:
jawregret1 wrote:
Avrilinvan wrote:Hello, may I ask how was your second surgery? Do you like the result this time? I have exactly the same problem as you had. My upper jaw was moved up too much and left me no upper tooth show and my bottom lip doesn't cover my lower teeth after the surgery. I've waited for the reversing surgery for two and half years, and I'm going to have the surgery next month. Now I'm really worried what will happen this time!

Is your original surgeon performing the surgery? How much were you impacted in the original surgery and how much are they bringing it down now?

No, I'm going to another surgeon for surgery. My original surgeon didn't tell me any measurement about the first surgery. I saw another two patient from the same surgeon who ended up with zero tooth show. So I feel it's just the way the surgeon like it to be, and I feel uncomfortable to let him do the reversing surgery. For last two years I had consultation with different oral surgeon for opinion, they all suggest to bring the upper jaw down by 3-4mm. I'll have the pre-op planning appointment, I hope the new surgeon can tell me the measurement. I saw some other people here had the same problem, I really want to know if anyone reverse the surgery successfully.

Did you have a gummy smile before your first surgery? Why did you have an impaction in the first place?

Return to “Oral (Orthognathic) Surgery”