Uk Patients

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dannym 1980

Re: Uk Patients

#16 Post by dannym 1980 »

hi mike im in leicestershire uk, and have had braces for about a year in preperation for lefort 2 osteotomy,im 32 years old and have been putting this surgery off for years,due to not wanting braces,i have a 10mm openbite with only 2 molers touching at the back,so im for the chop lol,iv been reserching this subject for about 5 years so if you have any questions send me a message.

Tingrinteacher

#17 Post by Tingrinteacher »

I'm UK too-but in Devon. I'm getting double jaw surgery, but have no idea when. The first estimate was after 15-18 months of trying to sort my car cash teeth out, but im sure this will change! I've been waiting for them to sort my jaw out since The problems started back in 2004, and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take much notice of the whole operstion bit with my orthodontist as he kept showing me on the horrible model of my teeth and it was making me feel sick.

Im NHS... And I feel really lucky that I live somewhere they will fix my jaw so I can breathe properly and open my mouth without t dislocating, for free. Straight teeth are simply an added bonus!

Gem xxx

Beebop

#18 Post by Beebop »

Tingrinteacher wrote:I'm UK too-but in Devon. I'm getting double jaw surgery, but have no idea when. The first estimate was after 15-18 months of trying to sort my car cash teeth out, but im sure this will change! I've been waiting for them to sort my jaw out since The problems started back in 2004, and I'm ashamed to say that I didn't take much notice of the whole operstion bit with my orthodontist as he kept showing me on the horrible model of my teeth and it was making me feel sick.

Im NHS... And I feel really lucky that I live somewhere they will fix my jaw so I can breathe properly and open my mouth without t dislocating, for free. Straight teeth are simply an added bonus!

Gem xxx
Oooh another Devonian on here (there are a couple of us lurking around!) - Hope your journey is a good one Tingrin... :thumbsup:

Lc1987

#19 Post by Lc1987 »

Hey UK people!

I'm also having double jaw surgery in the UK on NHS. I'm in the northwest, 25 and female.
Had my braces on for nearly two years now and have my meeting with the surgeon on the 28th of this month.
Apparently the waiting list for surgery is around a month so i'm hoping I get booked in for April time.

Helens comments about being canceled last min worry me though! I guess it can't be helped but how awful to mentally prepare yourself and then be canceled the day before.

Be great to keep in touch/chat with others that are having surgery done around the same time as me. Feel free to private message me if you are :)

- Bottom brace fitted 11/11
- Top brace fitted: 28/03/11
- Bottom wisdom teeth removal op: 10/02/11

HelenUK

#20 Post by HelenUK »

Lc1987 wrote:Hey UK people!

I'm also having double jaw surgery in the UK on NHS. I'm in the northwest, 25 and female.
Had my braces on for nearly two years now and have my meeting with the surgeon on the 28th of this month.
Apparently the waiting list for surgery is around a month so i'm hoping I get booked in for April time.

Helens comments about being canceled last min worry me though! I guess it can't be helped but how awful to mentally prepare yourself and then be canceled the day before.

Be great to keep in touch/chat with others that are having surgery done around the same time as me. Feel free to private message me if you are :)
Don't worry toto much about what i said about being cancelled. It does happen but not often, I was just unlucky, and actually got cancelled 3 times, the last one was only the day before. I eventually had surgery on 18th december last year, and am now 2 months post op and really happy with the results. good luck xx

yellowhat

#21 Post by yellowhat »

Hi,

I'm 29 and live in the Bristol area. I'm having surgery for my gummy smile in the summer ( all being well). I'm finding the last push before surgery hard; will have waited 5 months for joint clinic when it finally comes around in March even though my teeth have been ready since December. Treatment has been great, it's just the time between appointments that isn't good.

I have a son and my partner and I are keen to try for #2 when surgery is complete.

YH :)

Zoology Dragon

#22 Post by Zoology Dragon »

I had a bi-max osteotomy and genio in 2006 in the UK (Edinburgh). I'm happy to answer any questions (through the forum or PM) if anyone has any specific concerns :)
Double jaw osteotomy + genio: November 2006

Now on waiting list to have lower jaw plates and wire removed.