my genioplasty is on wednesday kinda scared abotu numbness!!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jd

my genioplasty is on wednesday kinda scared abotu numbness!!

#1 Post by Jd »

i was wondering people who had only genioplasty on its own or if you know someone who did .....did you or the person you know have complete numbness forever? lip numbness is my main concern. any help would be great my anxiety is high at the moment !!!

MetalMedic

#2 Post by MetalMedic »

You'll be fine. The risk of permanante nerve damage is much less than those getting a lower jaw expansion/impaction since the nerve runs higher than where the bone is cut for the genioplasty.

Le fort 1 impaction 6mm, BSSO 6mm advance, Genioplasty

Jd

thx

#3 Post by Jd »

thx for the reply thats also what my surgeon said hopefully all goes well !!!:)

Jd

hey

#4 Post by Jd »

surgery went well im 12 hours out pain is minimul just feels like a brusise dull pain and for numbness the left and right sides of the lip has got felling back just the middle of my lip is numb/ has a slight burning sensation not bad at all just feels like stretched lip thats swollen/fat like a fat lip. i was advanced 8mm. ttyl guys

MetalMedic

#5 Post by MetalMedic »

Congrats! Hope all goes well!

Le fort 1 impaction 6mm, BSSO 6mm advance, Genioplasty

anna1222

#6 Post by anna1222 »

Hey JD

Glad everything went well and there isn't too much numbness. I'm actually having the exact same surgery on Monday - Genioplasty 8mm. I'm super nervous :S

Josh'smom

#7 Post by Josh'smom »

Glad you are on the other side! Keep us posted!

Sending best wishes your way!

Josh's mom

Jd

#8 Post by Jd »

thanks guys and annal dont worry its not that bad at all im second day post op and didnt take any tylenol 3's and the pain is just like a dull bruise nothing serious and for the firt day you'll be hopped up on medicines so first day is pretty much come home and your asleep. ttyl and annal goodluck with the surgery i'll pray you have a successful operation :)

anna1222

#9 Post by anna1222 »

Thanks jd, I really appreciate your advice!

I met with my surgeon this morning to go over everything again, got my perscriptions, etc.
I feel a lot less nervous now. I feel really confident in his abilities.

I just want to get it over with though!!!

anna1222

#10 Post by anna1222 »

Jd, how are doing now??

Jd

#11 Post by Jd »

hey good to hear ... everythings going well i hace most of my feeling back just a bit of a weird feeling in the chin sulcus nothing noticeable tho how are you doing? i think i can see some step offs with my results and i might need to get a porex implant for some width if i want in the future or get some long term filler i might ask for artecoll or bioalcamid to blend the step offs. ttyl

anna1222

#12 Post by anna1222 »

I'm doing good too. It sounds like your swelling has gone down faster than mine. I am far too swollen to see any step offs. My surgery decided during the surgery to advance my chin 9mm instead of 8mm. I'm think it looks great so far. I still have some numbness on my chin. I posted some pics on the "june buddies" thread.