Stupid Question?!?!?!?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

felicity_and_reece_mommie

Stupid Question?!?!?!?!

#1 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

What is the difference in the round ligs and the things that go around your brackets and across your wires? I know that sounds stupid but I would like to know. I like the way that the things look that go's across your wires but do you get to choose with ones you want or do they serve a purpose for something?

Cissa

#2 Post by Cissa »

The thing that goes around the lig's and across the wires, if we're on the same page here, is a powerchain. It is normally placed to close gaps...I think. They hurt. I'm on my 3rd day with a powerchain and boy am I aching.

kayla4644

#3 Post by kayla4644 »

the normal ligs are usually used to secure the wire and and align teeth where as the attached ones, power chains, are usually used to close gaps....you dont get to pick it depends on when ur ready for those...once ur teeth are aligned and good to go u get powerchains to finish things up as well as a more sturdy wire to ensure it doesnt snap im not an expert but thats from gatherings around these boards and my own ortho:P lol i hope this helps
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

felicity_and_reece_mommie

#4 Post by felicity_and_reece_mommie »

Thanks to both of you. I thought that it was called a powerchain but wasn't sure. Well I don't have any gaps yet I have crowding so it will probably be awhile before I get them.

Cissa

#5 Post by Cissa »

Even if they don't hurt right away, go home and take Advil or something as soon as you get a powerchain put on. The ache is just horrible.

Don't mean to scare you, but wow. It was pain yesterday but today a terrible ache.