March 1st: false alarm. Still four months left...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

March 1st: false alarm. Still four months left...

#1 Post by Evelyn »

I went to the orthodontist for an emergency appointment today to ask if there's any way to level out my four front teeth since they aren't quite perfect yet.

The news is both good and bad, but I'm really happy. I can't write much, I've gotta go finish my calc hw (which I really don't get anyways...) but long story short, my past debanding date of March 1st has been cancelled. But it's not all bad...I still could get debanded on March 1st if I wanted to but I'm going for perfection. I talked to him about the heights of my front four teeth and he understood what I was talking about when I said I'd like to even them out a bit. So....next appt. (Feb. 8th) which was supposed to be my impressions appt, well, no more impressions instead they are taking off the front brackets and replacing them so that my front four teeth even out. He said after that my treatment could take up to four more months, but in his words, 'it's the right way to go'.

Yes, I'm a tad bit upset that my past debanding date is now history, but mostly I'm really happy because I know that four more months in braces will be worth it if when I get them off I can truly be happy. I told him that I'm considering being a dentist so that's why I'm nit-picky on things like that and he told me I could work at his office! Hehehe that would be so cool for a summer job...I would love that.

Anyways, to sum up how I'm feeling-surprisingly really good. I've had these for 40 months now, what's four more? Besides, I'm so interested in teeth and I've put so much into my treatment that when asked if I wanted them off March 1st with a pretty good result or a couple months later and a result that I'm ecstatic with, there's really no competition.

As he said, it's the right thing to do.

I guess I have to go reset my ticker now...and my signature too...although to what I'm not quite sure. This is what....the 32nd time lol?

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

Ahh! Sorry about the double post, my computer is really whacked up today...Lynn is there any way you can delete it?
Last edited by Evelyn on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

AWWW... Eve I'm sorry your debanding date has been postponed! :cry: THat stinks!

*HUG*

I have to admit I'm very surprised about your wonderful attitude about it all. I would be very frustrated! :shock: But I guess that's just me! :roll:

In the end your smile will be absolutely just perfect! ANd I mean really perfect! :D :wink: I absolutely can't wait to see it! :D

Good that you see it in more of a long term rather than short term sense. :-#)

I have to agree with you that it would be kind of fun to work at an ortho's office. I can't ever see my self doing it but it would be a cool summer job! :roll:

Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup: :computer:

BTW: Good luck on your Calc. homework. That must be incredbily hard. I'm horrible at math. Don't even get me started! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

momof2grlz

#4 Post by momof2grlz »

Aw Eve, sorry you have to revise your ticker but it sounds like you made the right decision to hang in just a "little" longer. Your attitude is super. It really helps snap me out of it when I get in a funk about being sick of these braces!

Our dentist has my daughter convinced she wants to be a dentist. Not sure how we'll get around that little problem of her passing out at the sight of blood (he tells her she'll get over that)! She's only 11-1/2 so we have many career choices for her to get through before she actually settles on something. A dentist would be good though so she could take care of me in my old age (which is rapidly approaching)!

Hang in there and hold out for perfection. You deserve it.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

jenns91civic

#5 Post by jenns91civic »

You made the right and mature choice. If only all teenagers were like you....will you please teach my 17 year old sister how to be half human??? LOL

I think it would be a blast to work as an ortho assistant so I think you should look into some on the job training with your ortho this summer. It'd give you a kickstart into the dentistry world and get some extra $$$ to buy all the hard, sticky, crunchy things you will need when you get your braces off!!
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys