Ahhh!...the freedom of wire ties!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

#16 Post by Kittysopretty »

MMG.....lol....life has been sooooo good now!!!! No more of my habitual mirror-inspecting post meals! :P

Metal Mouth Guy

Message Deleted Because of KK

#17 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Message Deleted Because of KK
Last edited by Metal Mouth Guy on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shawnie

#18 Post by Shawnie »

I'm going in for my second adjustment next week, and after reading this I think I'm going to try the wire ties. I wonder if every Ortho offers them? Does anyone know if they take longer to put on then regular ligs? Any down sides to the wire ties? Thanks
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Shawnie

#19 Post by Shawnie »

I'm going in for my second adjustment next week, and after reading this I think I'm going to try the wire ties. I wonder if every Ortho offers them? Does anyone know if they take longer to put on then regular ligs? Any down sides to the wire ties? Thanks
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

Shawnie

#20 Post by Shawnie »

Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

Shawnie

#21 Post by Shawnie »

Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

Shawnie

#22 Post by Shawnie »

SORRY about all the posts. It kept saying it was not accepted so I kept submitting it.
Braced - 10/04/05
6 baby teeth!

brat 2

#23 Post by brat 2 »

I had my second appointment today and had my wire changed. They also put on wire ties and I also have ligs in place still. I can't even see the wire ties. Wow my teeth are sore right now, but it is amazing, My teeth have already moved since my wire was changed and wire ties were applied. I find it really exciting how quickly my teeth are moving. :D It is very encouraging. :dance:
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006

Kittysopretty

#24 Post by Kittysopretty »

Oh...yeah....I was told that the wire ties give a stronger hold on the wire (and that probably makes the teeth move a wee bit faster?)

The only down side to wire ties is that you CAN see them but only if someone is looking for them and IN YOUR FACE. Other than that (and that was not even worth mentioning) I can think of no down side.

Here is another plus (and others may differ)....when I eat and get things in the front braces, I can easily use my tongue and get my grill clean. When I had ligs it was harder. Things got BEHIND my clear ligs and THAT was a real treat!! But if you have colored ligs, than you're ok. Mine were clear.

I have no problems flossing either! (I'm so careful)