Damon Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ShortyRocK

Damon Braces?

#1 Post by ShortyRocK »

Hey i heard of them and im wondering how much more expensive are they vs traditional metal braces and do they have rubber bands? and are they popular among finding a ortho who will put them on anyone use them?

Destor

#2 Post by Destor »

Hummm how much more expensive, I didn't get a quote of them compared to normal or ceramic braces but mine were $5900 CDN for 24 months of treatment. No expanders or anything if those add to the cost normally. Pretty sure they don't use rubber bands for the most part except in cases where it's unavoidable, like to fix an overbite etc, but I could be wrong. Don't have any bands on mine a.t.m (only a month and a half into treatment.)
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

ShortyRocK

#3 Post by ShortyRocK »

how about ceramics vs damons on price which is more expensive.

LizzyG

#4 Post by LizzyG »

I'm getting Damon braces on 10th Feb, and my orthodontist quoted me the same price for either ceramics or Damons. I went for Damons because he said he felt he could get the best result from them, without extractions.

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

adollface

#5 Post by adollface »

My ortho doesn't use any other kind of braces only Damons. Even on kids.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

dena

#6 Post by dena »

when I was choosing an ortho, I saw one who offered damon 3s and mine. the damon 3s guy's price was between $1,000 and $2,000 more (depending on extractions--another issue altogether) than my ortho, who offered me clear tops and silver bottoms. I liked what I heard about damons, but I wasn't willing to pay an additional grand or two.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Leslie022

#7 Post by Leslie022 »

I had Damon 3's put on this past Tuesday (01/17/06). It was only $360 extra.