Powerchains, when are you likely to get them?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheSilverSmileChileno

Powerchains, when are you likely to get them?

#1 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

I didn't find much about that in my research

so, how long have to pass to get powerchains?

Edited = Yep i know they are to close gaps, i got my 4 bicuspids taken b4 getting braced.

I've been 5 month of braces, must of you guys saw my pictures and i got powerchains

am i earlier, or later than most of you guys?

let me know :)

Yury
Last edited by TheSilverSmileChileno on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

There is no typical time when people get powerchains, as everyone has a different case and requires different things at different times in treatment. I've read posts from people on this board who got powerchains at their very first adjustment. I, however, didn't get them until I was in braces for six months.

It just depends on when your ortho decides they require them for your treatment.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

littleshaddies

#3 Post by littleshaddies »

I got my powerchains on day one. The reason for it were my four extraction gaps. So really, you will get them when you need them, like when you have gaps created that need closing. Oh, and trust me, you don't want them. They can cause you real pain.
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

I still haven't gotten my powerchains...and I got GAPS !!!

I want my powerchains! :gavel: :gavel: :gavel:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

LexiBaby

#5 Post by LexiBaby »

I got a powerchain on my upper center teeth. I actually asked the ortho "Is there anything more aggressive to close the gap?" She said yes. Thus the powerchain, the most painful strip of synthetic material ever invented!!! :shock: :shock:
On the plus side, you see results almost immediately! It has made me feel better about the "Grand Canyon" gap between my teeth! Ask the ortho, maybe he/she is waiting on you to vent your desire for more aggressive treatment? My ortho said she didnt want to bombard me in the beginning. That's why she didnt do it from day one.
31 yr old married female
Metal top and bottom 4/6/2005
Bluegrass Appliance & Power Chain

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

I got a powerchain across my two front teeth the day I got my upper braces on! :shock: It hecka hurt but I did see some great progress then! :wink:

The day I got my bottom braces on I got two huge powerchains across two huge extraction gaps. I wasn't really expecting that but they did it anyway. :roll: THings is that the powerchain across my extraction gaps are causing other gaps to appear near those teeth! :? I haven't gotten a powerchain across those gaps but hopefully soon! :roll:

People get powerchains at different times but if you are really concerned you should ask your ortho!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

alexa

#7 Post by alexa »

hannah164 wrote:It hecka hurt
Yay! Another northern californian! ;)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

hannah164

#8 Post by hannah164 »

alexa wrote:
hannah164 wrote:It hecka hurt
Yay! Another northern californian! ;)
Yep! That's me! Lived here pretty much my whole life! :) I'm out by San Jose (well, kinda) about 45 minutes from you! :wink:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

TheSilverSmileChileno

#9 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

thanks guys and mostly girls!

im just trying to see if im progressing faster than expected :d

my ortho said that he wouldn't put powerchains til i get all my crooked teeth align. i think i finnally got them straight. :)
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

Cissa

#10 Post by Cissa »

JUST got round 2 of powerchains put on my top arch today. Even rinsing hurts.

sillikitti

#11 Post by sillikitti »

eeekkk powerchains sound sooo painful. Does everyone need them?

missing_tooth

#12 Post by missing_tooth »

What causes the need for powerchains? I know I have gaps between my teeth, but that's just because my teeth are small.

- Missing Tooth -

Cissa

#13 Post by Cissa »

As far as I know powerchains are for closing gaps. I really don't know any other purpose they serve.

kirst1583

#14 Post by kirst1583 »

My teeth must be real stubborn! I've had powerchains from near the beginning of my treatment (2 and 1/2 yrs ago) and sometimes doubled up on each arch.... My 4 extraction gaps are almost all closed now. I've been assured by my ortho that they will be when I go back for my next adjustment on Feb 13th - then I'll be entering my "final phase", which is well overdue :?

Ebonygurl00

#15 Post by Ebonygurl00 »

Yay, I love Northern Californians! I'm born and raised in Richmond /El Sobrante (the nice part!) It's about 20 mins away from Oakland. Good to see more people here from the Bay Area!

Back on topic: I like powerchains because my teeth move way faster, and I had mostly gaps. Also, I like the way the colors go all the way across!
[/url]