Bracket came unglued...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tmitchell

Bracket came unglued...

#1 Post by tmitchell »

Help...newbie here. I just got upper braces on 12/20 and I noticed this evening that the bracket on my right lateral incisor has come unglued. It is just hanging there on the archwire. Has anyone else had a bracket come unglued? My ortho is closed until 12/27...do you think that it will be OK until then? Thanks! :(

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

tmitchell I had this happen to me as well. ( I was eating Honey Bunches of Oats and it just popped off!)
I called the orthos office and they said it wasnt a big deal. They fixed it at the next appointment ( 3 weeks later).
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Geri

#3 Post by Geri »

Hi KJM - this happened to me last week eating crusty bread. The orthos office said no need to come in unless it was bothering me. I left it unil my next appointment as it was no bother. I wondered if it would slow my progress down and they said no because all the others were still attached.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

shinyam

#4 Post by shinyam »

Not a big deal, tmithchell. Call up your ortho to schedule an appointment to have it bonded back on.

I've had two pop off. Once, when I yawned with elastics, and once while eating pizza crust.

Did the ortho tell you what kind of foods to avoid? Avoid hard food like doritos, ice, pizza crust, bagels, apples (whole), carrtots, etc. Also, chewy food like caramels, starbursts, etc.

tmitchell

#5 Post by tmitchell »

Thanks everyone!! I feel sooo much better now!

I'll just be extra careful until I can see the ortho.

~ Have a blessed holiday! ~
~ Top braces on 12/20/05 ~
~ Bottom braces on 3/14/06 ~