the nance appliance

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nks2410

the nance appliance

#1 Post by nks2410 »

i got the nance appliance on wednesday. it’s been 2 days.
my issue here is eating. its not sore anymore so i can eat foods that aren’t soft however whenever i eat, u can’t chew my food💀
i have an overjet of 13mm and the nance button is just behind my top teeth, so when closing my mouth, my bottom teeth are resting on the nance appliance. because of that i find it difficult to chew

djspeece

Re: the nance appliance

#2 Post by djspeece »

Doesn't sound like much fun. I never had to endure one, so can't be of much direct help but I did use the search function of the board, and came up with these results: https://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/searc ... 5B0%5D=13 . Hopefully you can find some tips on how to deal with it. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying