Teeth grinding

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

duallydani

Teeth grinding

#1 Post by duallydani »

My dentist recommended I get braces (again) to help with teeth grinding and TMJ issues. I’m in my late 20s in Ireland. Had braces before and it was a good experience teeth shifted and over the past several yeaes I’ve had awful headaches. She thinks braces will help. Apparently my second molars ?? are too high now and I have a crossbite on several teeth. Will braces help this?

djspeece

Re: Teeth grinding

#2 Post by djspeece »

There is a dentist who posts here, and who might be able to answer your question; I am certainly not qualified to venture a guess. Have you consulted with an orthodontist? Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

trifecta

Re: Teeth grinding

#3 Post by trifecta »

hi Duallydani. From your post it sounds like you have some issues which orthodontics can address and correct. TMJ issues are frequently multi-factorial. Orthodontics may improve or possibly even resolve your TMJ issues but I would reluctant to refer a patient for orthodontics on the presumption that the orthodontic therapy would resolve the TMY issues.