Herbst Appliance keeps getting stuck when eating food.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fishely

Herbst Appliance keeps getting stuck when eating food.

#1 Post by Fishely »

I got my Herbst around 2 months ago and a week ago the poles on the side that allow me to open and close are getting stuck when eating. I can still open my mouth but not all the way. It seems that the poles that go in each other are getting stuck inside one another. It usally fixes shortly after eating. Do I go see a orthodontist to get this fixed or is this normal? If it doesn’t become unstuck I have to pull the pole out of the other with me hand. This only happens when eating.