Teeth wearing down

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tested

Teeth wearing down

#1 Post by tested »

Hi guys, I've had braces for over a year now and also need jaw surgery. My teeth are become straight and just need to close a few gaps but the alignment of my teeth means that some teeth at the top hit my bottom teeth and are beginning to wear down. For example, here's a picture of my right canine, I can feel the tip becoming chalky and the tooth next to it as well. Here is a picture of what is suppose to be my left canine https://ibb.co/kQ46q6 but it's so worn down you can't tell anymore. Not to mention I the chips, especially on my bottom teeth, very sharp. Really disappointed about my canines, I love meat and I couldn't wait to rip into it with them but sadly it looks like by the time I get my jaw surgery (possible up to 6 months) they will be gone. I know my teeth look a yellow but I don't skip on brushing or flossing!

Did this happen to you? Any tips or suggestions (not relating to diet) will be appreciated! Thank you :)

tested

Re: Teeth wearing down

#2 Post by tested »

sorry, right canine https://ibb.co/fdDSxm

Ziggy

#3 Post by Ziggy »

I got braces because my teeth were wearing down. My bottom front teeth were hitting the back of my top front teeth and now look like chisels. Just got my braces off last week and those teeth don't touch anymore. I plan on having a little work done on those teeth, but I'm really happy they are no longer wearing down.

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

I'm afraid the only practical tips that would possibly help is related to a diet change. :lol: Avoid hard and crunchy foods. They do cause unnecessary load on your teeth in their already not so optimal position for function.

tested

#5 Post by tested »

Ziggy wrote:I got braces because my teeth were wearing down
I seem to be having the opposite affect haha

tested

#6 Post by tested »

assertives wrote:I'm afraid the only practical tips that would possibly help is related to a diet change. :lol: Avoid hard and crunchy foods. They do cause unnecessary load on your teeth in their already not so optimal position for function.
I avoid hard food anyways, I can't bite on my molars since theres a gap between them. Crunchy foods seem to put strain on my jaw rather than my teeth, once they crack they're pretty easy to eat. My problem is that my teeth keep hitting each other no matter what i eat unless it's complete liquid