New to rubber bands- question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dreamawake719

New to rubber bands- question

#1 Post by Dreamawake719 »

Hi everyone, I am new here and am hoping to get some feedback on experiences with rubber bands. This is my second time having braces, but my first time having rubber bands. I am 2 months into treatment with Damon braces. I had my first visit to the orthodontist a couple of days ago since having them put on, and was given rubber bands to wear at all times minus when eating or cleaning (correcting an overbite).

Last night, and even more so today, the rubber bands seem significantly tighter on my right side, like there is a lot more resistance than on the left side. It almost feels like I have the bands on the wrong teeth, but I don't. This is only my third day with the rubber bands and I have no idea if this is normal. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ziggy

Re: New to rubber bands- question

#2 Post by Ziggy »

Your ortho may not place your elastics evenly, depending on what they are trying to accomplish. Towards the end of my treatment my bands were offset so one side was showing and the other side was not. People kept asking if I screwed up but my ortho assured me that was what he wanted. I thought it was weird, too, but everything came out just fine in the end.

dianaioanab

#3 Post by dianaioanab »

Yea, it happened to me too, for some reason it felt way tighter on my left side. And not only that, but you could clearly see that that rubber band had gotten bigger/looser compared to the one on the other side. However now the feel and look the same (6 weeks later).

wallywal

#4 Post by wallywal »

I had the same problem, in my case it was because my bite was more open on one side than the other so the bands were putting more force on that side side than the other

barneypit1974

#5 Post by barneypit1974 »

had the same thing mine was because my teeth on one side were farther forward