Molars more painful than the front few teeth after wire changed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beverage

Molars more painful than the front few teeth after wire changed

#1 Post by Beverage »

Hi, I feel worried as I just got my wire changed yesterday and the orthodontist said i should expect some pain, but I feel more pain in my molars than in the other teeth, I wonder if this is normal? I have never felt this when I just had my braces on, but now that my wire is changed it hurts and I can't chew with my molars.

assertives

Re: Molars more painful than the front few teeth after wire changed

#2 Post by assertives »

The same thing happened to me too. Somehow the molars and premolars hurt more than my other teeth. The pain should go away in a couple of days, if it does, it's probably nothing to worry about. But if it doesn't or gets worse, call your ortho to check it out.

Ziggy

#3 Post by Ziggy »

Every time I got new wires I had pain of some kind, not bad, in a different part of my mouth depending on what my ortho was trying to accomplish. Normal for me and I'm sure for a lot of others here.

tested

#4 Post by tested »

I don't think it affects all teeth equally, teeth which go most against the wire experience more pressure and pain. I think it's normal for some teeth to experience more pain than others.