Rubber Bands not hurting, are they working?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedFaced17

Rubber Bands not hurting, are they working?

#1 Post by BracedFaced17 »

Good morning all. I am new to posting but have lurked around for a while as I've learned to cope with being braced for the last few months.
During my first adjustment yesterday, they put on rubber bands. I've always been told the rubber bands can be the most painful part of wearing braces. I changed them out last night before going to bed and felt a similar pressure to when they initially put them on at the adjustment. This morning I changed them out again and feel no pain at all - it almost feels like they may not be working. Shouldn't I be in a lot more pain? I am sure that I'm putting them on the same way they showed me at the orthodontist office but it couldn't hurt to call them and check I guess.

Aaeolien

Re: Rubber Bands not hurting, are they working?

#2 Post by Aaeolien »

consider yourself lucky if you aren't in pain. Just wear them as your ortho prescribed. I'm sure they are doing their job.

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

You probably just jinxed yourself! Mine were more annoying than painful, though. They come in different "strengths" so perhaps your ortho is starting you off slowly.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

damez

#4 Post by damez »

I had to wear rubber bands for 5'months to center my midline. It was not painful , I just felt some pressure but no pain. I did not see any teeth movement for the first 3 moths !! I thought they were not working, one day I checked my midline , as everyday , and noticied that my teeth had moved , finally after 3 month .

Ziggy

#5 Post by Ziggy »

I've had rubber bands for the last six months. No pain at all, except where the bands sometimes pinch the inside of my cheek. Putting them on and taking them off is a "pain."

corbanderson01

#6 Post by corbanderson01 »

My rubber bands were mostly painless, with just some slight pressure when changing out the elastics. Just wear them as directed, and you should be great.