Black triangles

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

silverr11

Black triangles

#1 Post by silverr11 »

Due to some recession ive noticed some black triangls showing up.

Cant Do IPR on most of them, my ortho said because my roots were so close she didnt want to shift my teeth and have them get closer.

any other solutions? other than vineers

assertives

Re: Black triangles

#2 Post by assertives »

You can try massaging the gums with a gum stimulator and see if they will grow back up. There was someone on this board whose black triangles improved after the braces were off because without the brackets and wires irritating the gums, they kinda grow back up and the black triangles became less prominent.

Or try bonding. But not a long term solution, need to maintain for a lifetime too. Other than that, not much can be done. Seems like a common side effect for adult braces.

silverr11

#3 Post by silverr11 »

thanks for the reply,
have you heard of gum botox? not sure if thats what they call it but thats the idea
have anyone tried it?

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

Gum botox? No, I've not heard of it. I did a quick google search and the only thing that came up was botox in the lip area to help fix a gummy smile.

There is another option for gum recession that is serious enough though, and that is gum graft or the pinhole surgical technique. But if the problem are just small black triangles, this would be quite an overkill. Gum recession is part of the aging process, so I would imagine that anyhow, it would not be a long term solution.

silverr11

#5 Post by silverr11 »

i do have some gum recession actually, but im just afraid that the gum graft will not solve the black triangles if theyre severe.... guess ill just have to wait untill im done with braces and see where i stand with all of this.