Getting de-braced this spring?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Heartofdarkness

Getting de-braced this spring?

#1 Post by Heartofdarkness »

I was at my adjustment today and asked if my ortho could say how much time I have left (in braces, lol). When I got them on she said 1,5 years, at the most. I recently passed my 6 months mark so I was expecting 9-10 more months but today she said no more than 6 months left! I smiled the whole way home. 6 months is nothing!

Anyone else looking forward to de-bracing this spring? What's left fixing in your mouth right now?

Tyrantblade

Re: Getting de-braced this spring?

#2 Post by Tyrantblade »

Congratulations on an estimated early release, my debrace appointment is set for November 6th, so its winter instead of spring for me, was supposed to be more like August, but i got extra time added; likely because this one bracket kept popping off (it did it 4 times) way too easily (likely because of the unstable "tooth" (pontic) next to it).

And for me thats only half of it because i need to get 2 implants, but still im excited to be past step 1.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Heartofdarkness

#3 Post by Heartofdarkness »

Thank you, Tyrantblade. Really looking forward to it.

That's awesome! I understand you're excited even if you have some work left with the implants. :)

sim3jam

#4 Post by sim3jam »

Is there a usual time you ask when your de-bracing date is? I'm only just a month in and my treatment is estimated at 16 mths (i know hahah) but I guess I could ask as early as 6 months like yourself? I

Tyrantblade

#5 Post by Tyrantblade »

sim3jam wrote:Is there a usual time you ask when your de-bracing date is? I'm only just a month in and my treatment is estimated at 16 mths (i know hahah) but I guess I could ask as early as 6 months like yourself? I
You could ask, but so early they would probably just be guessing; first mention i heard of setting a debrace date for me was probably with around 6 months left, but only got set a couple months back.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Heartofdarkness

#6 Post by Heartofdarkness »

sim3jam wrote:Is there a usual time you ask when your de-bracing date is? I'm only just a month in and my treatment is estimated at 16 mths (i know hahah) but I guess I could ask as early as 6 months like yourself? I
No harm in asking! I thought I had a year left so only reason I asked was because my ortho started saying things like "not much left now" and I was like "she must know something :shock: ", lol.

Scandalicious

#7 Post by Scandalicious »

I’ve been given 2 months left of my sentence. Didn’t have to ask. Can’t wait.

Heartofdarkness

#8 Post by Heartofdarkness »

Scandalicious wrote:I’ve been given 2 months left of my sentence. Didn’t have to ask. Can’t wait.
You're so lucky!!