Braces update! 25-09-17

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Amybraces

Braces update! 25-09-17

#1 Post by Amybraces »

Just a quick update on teeth, its now been over two months since having braces and i have had some amazing changes, though i want to time to whiz by so i can get them off already :lol: :lol: I am so excited to get a new top wire as mine is now VERY chipped, sick of looking like a zebra, my next appointments on the 2nd of October, that day could not come faster!! i post more on my insta which is clear_braces92 would love for some people to follow as i love watching peoples progress!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beckett

Re: Braces update! 25-09-17

#2 Post by Beckett »

Only 2 months! Amazing progress!
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Amybraces

#3 Post by Amybraces »

Beckett wrote:Only 2 months! Amazing progress!
I know right!! I am pretty surprised with the results I'm getting, though things have slowed down a little ( i'm at the end of my first wire) i am still happy with the progress, i still have apparently about 13 Months to go! but who knows!! I am hoping for a shorter sentence :D :D :D :D :lol:

EmilyTravels

#4 Post by EmilyTravels »

That is amazing progress! I know you are thrilled. I'm at 4 weeks out, and comparing my photos, only a tiny change in the bottom (one tooth that was low has come up a bit). Top arch still looks exactly the same. Sigh...but I am older (56), and my understanding is that teeth move a lot slower when we are older.

Amybraces

#5 Post by Amybraces »

EmilyTravels wrote:That is amazing progress! I know you are thrilled. I'm at 4 weeks out, and comparing my photos, only a tiny change in the bottom (one tooth that was low has come up a bit). Top arch still looks exactly the same. Sigh...but I am older (56), and my understanding is that teeth move a lot slower when we are older.
It will happen, Its hard when you just want to see change, you will compare images at some point and see the changes you didn't think were happening! I didn't think mine would move as fast, i'm in my mid-late 20s and i have not seen much change in my bottom teeth at all really! just the top, but i think more the top as they were well out of whack! Have you got photos of yours?! would LOVE to see!!

EmilyTravels

#6 Post by EmilyTravels »

Amybraces wrote:
EmilyTravels wrote:That is amazing progress! I know you are thrilled. I'm at 4 weeks out, and comparing my photos, only a tiny change in the bottom (one tooth that was low has come up a bit). Top arch still looks exactly the same. Sigh...but I am older (56), and my understanding is that teeth move a lot slower when we are older.
It will happen, Its hard when you just want to see change, you will compare images at some point and see the changes you didn't think were happening! I didn't think mine would move as fast, i'm in my mid-late 20s and i have not seen much change in my bottom teeth at all really! just the top, but i think more the top as they were well out of whack! Have you got photos of yours?! would LOVE to see!!
Thanks for the encouragement, Amy! I am sure changes will happen; I am just being impatient. You can see links to a couple of photos (day 1 and day 28) in this post: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 03#p497603.

Sorry, I can't get my pictures to post inline, only the links.