What should I do?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tested

What should I do?

#1 Post by tested »

Hi Guys,
Ive had my braces for a year now and I also need Jaw surgery soon. Next year is my final year of uni and I would like to go abroad one semester since there is a post grad program I would like to apply for and it would really help (the program doesn't allow for abroad either). I also don't think extending my degree is a viable option right now.
I also won't be able to see my dentist after next year either and I feel it would be unfair for him not to be able to see the results since he seems really keen.
What options do I have? Thanks

assertives

Re: What should I do?

#2 Post by assertives »

If you need to move to another country because life takes you there, then you will definitely need to find another ortho and surgeon to continue with your treatment, unless of course you can afford the resources travel back to go for your appointments where your current ortho and surgeon is.

tested

#3 Post by tested »

Do you think there could be a way to accelerate the treatment?
I've had them for a year now and if I go second semester, this gives me another 5-6 months without surgery yet.
How long before they start brace treatment again after surgery?

Thanks

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

I think this is something you would need to discuss with your ortho and surgeon. They should be able to advise you on the options you have.