Got the Dynaflex MSX-2000 a year ago to fix crossbite. Worst experience ever

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

timm3r

Got the Dynaflex MSX-2000 a year ago to fix crossbite. Worst experience ever

#1 Post by timm3r »

I was a test dummy for my dentist who is trying to get into orthodontics. He promised me he would give me free braces and would fix a cross bite I had on my lower jaw. He kept telling me he would take care of me and everything is going to be free. He never explained how he was going to fix my cross bite, just that he was going to put an appliance into my mouth which would fix the lower jaw. Well came the day of putting in the appliance, and he puts this weird metal thing on my lower jaw with a large metal bracket that blocks my tongue from going anywhere. It's only later that I had to do my own research of what he put in my mouth did I figure out he put in the Dynaflex MSX-2000. Well the worst thing about this is that I'm a working sales professional where I have to talk all the time. I survive and make a living from talking. As soon as he put the MSX-2000 in my mouth, I had a constant lisp that never really went away. You know it's bad when I'm sitting in meetings and people have to ask me to repeat what I just said because they couldn't understand me. Not very good for sales.

I'm about a little more than a year out from having the MSX-2000 placed into my lower jaw and had the appliance removed about 3 months ago. The expander has now pushed my front teeth way out which has caused me to have a massive underbite. I still have a strong lisp because all my teeth are expanded out. So now, not only do I have a lisp, I have also have a massive ugly underbite. At the moment, all the teeth are getting pulled back inward using springs and a power chain to correct the crossbite I had. I'm expected to finish with pulling the teeth back inward by December.

Overall, I absolutely hated the experience, especially being a 30 year old male professional in sales. It was not worth what I had to go through for the year and it has created a massive underbite which was not there before and has given me a lisp which has not gone away. I think my dentist was eager to use the Dynaflex MSX-2000 because he wants to get into orthodontics and wanted to use me as a test dummy for expanders. The worst part is he never forewarned me about the procedure nor told me the repercussions.

Has anyone had a similar experience that I had with the MSX-2000?

djspeece

Re: Got the Dynaflex MSX-2000 a year ago to fix crossbite. Worst experience ever

#2 Post by djspeece »

I don't think I would be willing to take that risk, even if it is free. I think there is a good chance you'll eventually have to have a trained orthodontist fix all the stuff this guy is inevitably going to screw up. Orthodontics isn't something a dentist just gets into. It requires years of training. Proceed at your own risk.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying