Molars seem to be off.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Abon55

Molars seem to be off.

#1 Post by Abon55 »

I have had braces for about 15 months, I had a crossbite on the left side that the ortho said should be corrected eventhough it didn't really bother me. I was wearing rubber bands for about 4 months ( from a peg on the inner part of top molars to the outside of the bottom on the braces, just on the last three molars on the left side). She said it overcorrected so I should stop wearing them that was about two months now and she seems happy as to where it is. But now on the right side the teeth don't really come together except for the inner cusps of the last molar. It feels as if the way they contact on the left keeps the other side from contacting the way they should. Is this due to the overcorrection or is it a separate fix to them moving back? The midline on the top also seems slightly shifted to the left. Sorry for the long post, I appreciate any feedback.