Moving house mid way through braces treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hdavies91

Moving house mid way through braces treatment

#1 Post by hdavies91 »

Hello,

I am in the UK I am about 3 months into 12-18 months with Damon braces. I live in the south of England and have unexpectedly been offered a job that I can't refuse. This would mean relocating about 300 miles up North and therefore it would be very impractical to travel back for my reviews (especially as my ortho doesn't work weekends).

I rang up my ortho to tell her and only spoke to the receptionist who told me that if I moved orthos I would have to pay the outstanding balance of my treatment. I find this awful as yes I have the braces fitted but the payment is for approximately another year's worth of reviews and the fixed retainer/removable retainer at at the end which I won't have! I have already paid £2000 out of 2800. And then I would likely have to spend just as much at another ortho where I'm moving to for the rest of my treatment.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice? And plus has anyone else changed orthos part way through treatment successfully? I cannot afford to essentially pay for 2 treatments and I can't take whole days off work to travel down for an appointment.

Any responses would be very much appreciated