Tooth/jaw hurts months after extraction

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

finalexplosion

Tooth/jaw hurts months after extraction

#1 Post by finalexplosion »

So, my jaw is jacked up on the side where I had a complicated extraction. It took ages. They used 3 needles before "going up stream." The work was being done and I felt pain. Months later, I am feeling TMJ or tooth issue. Now, on this same side, I had a filling done. It was done poorly or i just grit hard on this side. Xmas I had terrible TMJ issues. Its feeling swollen ATM. I called my dentist but, they were closed. I start work tomorrow and I cannot call in because i just started working here. I am not so sure what to do. I called the dentist office. I will call back tomorrow for a consult.

I am starting my braces soon after a wait since my ortho disappeared. I am concerned if this is TMJ or some other issue, will braces cause more problems? I know braces will align my teeth so, this should help but, i fear TMJ surgery. Since I had extractions done, I forgot to wear my night guard so, the teeth are shifting and its not fitting as well as it did before. If I forget to wear it any longer, it wont fit anymore so, I am putting it on tonight for sure before i get sleepy.

Any help or tips?