What's your favourite elastic colours?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MetalMouthBraces

What's your favourite elastic colours?

#1 Post by MetalMouthBraces »

I like to experiment with different coloured elastics, and so I've been wondering what elastic colour is your favourite?

I haven't gotten my braces that long ago, so I'm still deciding what colour I like! Also, my next adjustment is in a few days, and I'd like to know which colour looks the most subtle in pictures. Thanks! :D

FlyByNight

Re: What's your favourite elastic colours?

#2 Post by FlyByNight »

I only had coloured power chains because I had damons, but I was told that the clear ones don't work as well. I tried the white ones but no matter what, they would stain. My top 6 front brackets were ceramic, so I went with silver power chains.

Momto5boys

#3 Post by Momto5boys »

So far I've had light pink, light blue, and silver. My favorite is probably the silver because it blends with my brackets.

Okey2017

#4 Post by Okey2017 »

So far torquoise and blue. I like to use different colors on top and bottom. I'm going to try red and black next time.

FlowerPower

#5 Post by FlowerPower »

I've only tried clear, light pink and a periwinkle shade. The periwinkle makes my teeth look yellow but I like the color. The other shades my ortho has are sorta dark and out there so I'm not sure if I will try any other shades lol

Tac84

#6 Post by Tac84 »

Only had silver. Don't think il try anything fancy. Would look a bit silly in my line of work I think.

Felina Grimm

#7 Post by Felina Grimm »

Black and any of the darker colors, especially for the top arch. They made my teeth look less yellow.
Sentence: 24 months, months served: 35 months
Traditional Full-Metal Brackets
Top: 9/9/2014
Bottom: 10/15/2014
Debonded: 8/7/2017

9nikki

#8 Post by 9nikki »

Silver coloured elastic is perfect. It blends with wires.

AlfredoS

#9 Post by AlfredoS »

Blue would be my favorite.

AlfredoS

#10 Post by AlfredoS »

[quote="9nikki"]Silver coloured elastic is perfect. It blends with wires.[/quote]
lol good point.

Ravenclaw

#11 Post by Ravenclaw »

I'm quite boring. I've only had silver elastics. I like silver because, as others have mentioned, it blends in with the wires and brackets. It also doesn't stain.

Beckett

#12 Post by Beckett »

I've done silver ligs the last three appointments but I've gotten funky with colored elastics. And since I'm wearing them in a class 3 triangle they are quite visible when I talk. I figure I'm about to the end of the journey so I can go a little wild.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

assertives

#13 Post by assertives »

I've tried bright red, light purple and now black. So far, I'm really digging the black. It looks classy and most importantly, does not stain!

lambchop

#14 Post by lambchop »

I also liked black, but I tried turquoise, purple, red, hot pink, orange....(I was in braces for almost 5 years, so I had lots of time to experiment, lol). I think I liked electric blue the best...they made my teeth look whiter, and didn't show stains like the lighter colors, or even silver, would.

Scandalicious

#15 Post by Scandalicious »

[quote="assertives"]I've tried bright red, light purple and now black. So far, I'm really digging the black. It looks classy and most importantly, does not stain![/quote]

I'm a fan of the black too! Occasionally I'll get black and another colour, but in general it's black with a side of black