Damon Braces and rotated lateral incisor

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hdavies91

Damon Braces and rotated lateral incisor

#1 Post by hdavies91 »

Hi guys :) I am fairly new to braces (a couple of months in) and have a question:-

I have Damon Clear braces on the top though my upper right lateral incisor is not bracketed yet. This is because it is rotated (around 90 degrees) and there is no room to fit the bracket/wire to it as there is very little space between the tooth and the side of the canine. When fitted I got a coil put on to create space between my central incisor and canine. Overall there is just about enough space for the tooth but I think the problem is that my canine would be in the way as it rotated

At my first adjustment I got a fresh coil and a metal button attached to my incisor (still no room for a bracket). I then got a strong, clear tie going from the button to the wire/coil to help rotate the tooth. However, the trouble is I feel no pressure at all on the tooth and the tie feels quite slack (looks straight but I can wiggle it with my tongue with no effort at all). What I am trying to figure out is how this tie/button is going to help bring the tooth round when I feel no pressure at all? And with there being no room for a bracket will I just have to wait for the coil to create more space before it does move? The coil has seemed to create more room by my central incisor but not my canine where I need the space. Has anyone had experience of this? I would post a picture but I need to post more before I'm allowed attachments :)

Thanks for reading.

jem

Re: Damon Braces and rotated lateral incisor

#2 Post by jem »

This sounds a bit like the issue I had. My ortho created the space needed by doing IPR between my incisors then using a powerchain to move the incisors so that the space was left next to the lateral which needed to be moved into the arch.

I'm sure your ortho will manage to make the necessary space for your lateral one way or the other.

Good luck with your treatment.

jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194