Impacted Canine Exposure

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaywizdumb

Impacted Canine Exposure

#1 Post by jaywizdumb »

Help!

So I had braces but on about 4 months ago. I also had an impacted canine tooth on my upper row of teeth. I had the exposure surgery and had the gold chain attached and bonded. I had my first tightening of the chain 4 days after surgery to start pulling the tooth down, which is anchored to a metal arch in on the roof of my mouth. The problem is, the rubber band that is attached to the gold chain almost spans the entire width of the roof of my mouth. This has made it very difficult to eat anything that requires chewing. Even swallowing liquid is difficult because there is about half an inch between the rubber band and the roof of my mouth. Every time I swallow I have to do every thing in my power to not hit the rubber band with my tongue because it causes a lot of pain! Has anybody else experienced this after the surgery?!?