Appointments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceEmilyB

Appointments

#1 Post by BraceEmilyB »

I have a appointment every 12 weeks to get my braces adjusted , I thought it was supposed to be every 6-8 weeks
So I'm stuck with the same ligs for 3 months at a time
What about you guys

Momto5boys

Re: Appointments

#2 Post by Momto5boys »

I go every month...so every 4 wks.

BraceEmilyB

#3 Post by BraceEmilyB »

Every 3 months seems a long time compared to what I have been reading from everyone in this group :?:

Braced on 25th January 2017
Estimated time - 18 months

throne

#4 Post by throne »

Every 5 weeks here!

strinder

#5 Post by strinder »

Mine was 8 weeks (that ended up being 9 weeks). How far are you in to your treatment? Has it always been 12 weeks?

sandiego88

#6 Post by sandiego88 »

My very first one was 8 weeks and it's been every 6 weeks since then.

BraceEmilyB

#7 Post by BraceEmilyB »

strinder wrote:Mine was 8 weeks (that ended up being 9 weeks). How far are you in to your treatment? Has it always been 12 weeks?
I've had my braces since January and have only been for one adjustment so far

Braced on 25th January 2017
Estimated time - 18 months

Beckett

#8 Post by Beckett »

That seems very long unless you have self ligating braces. I'd be worried that issues would arise in that time span and if you aren't seen more regularly they may go unaddressed. I'd call your ortho office and ask about why they're so far apart. I was going every 6 weeks and for the last few it's been every 4 until debracing, which might be this week. Depends on if the back rotation of my upper canine is my imagination or not.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Natrapx

#9 Post by Natrapx »

Self litigating (Damon) with appointments going to be every month with my dentist. Starting tomorrow....

Mpkh

#10 Post by Mpkh »

I have self ligating braces. Between when my braces went on and my first appointment is 10 weeks. My next appointment after that is 6 weeks apart. That's a long time between appointments...maybe ask the orthodontist?
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

Tyrantblade

#11 Post by Tyrantblade »

Mpkh wrote:I have self ligating braces. Between when my braces went on and my first appointment is 10 weeks. My next appointment after that is 6 weeks apart. That's a long time between appointments...maybe ask the orthodontist?
1.5 months apart if pretty standard for traditional braces, it seems short for self ligating that early, but they know what they are doing.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

Eluthiel

#12 Post by Eluthiel »

I've had lingual braces since May, and my appointments have been in 4 or 6 week increments.

NikNax

#13 Post by NikNax »

Just this week I had my first adjustment after getting my braces in May. It was an eight week appointment. My wires were changed and my next appointment is in ten weeks.

Gbr45

#14 Post by Gbr45 »

I have self ligating braces and im supposed to be getting my first wire adjustment/change in 10 weeks since I first got them put on

tiger15

#15 Post by tiger15 »

i have my adjustments every 4-6 weeks