Relapse after Moving Away from my Ortho

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

uncleezno

Relapse after Moving Away from my Ortho

#1 Post by uncleezno »

Hi All,

I underwent braces and a LeFort II a while back, and completed most of my treatment last year - I had a rear bonded wire placed on my bottom teeth last April and was given my retainers to wear. I started with an Essix, but my molars weren't touching so I asked for and received a hawley. The hawley didn't work, so they examined me again and made me another hawley. I wore it daily for two months, and have worn it every night now for the past 10 months.

My molars still don't touch in the back, and one of my front teeth started rotating again. I switched back to the essix, and lo and behold, it doesn't fit 100%. It was painful for the first few nights, but I'm sticking with the essix because it clearly controls tooth rotation better, and the hawley is doing absolutely nothing for the molars.

The big problem is that I moved 2000 miles away from my ortho after my treatment was up, and there's obviously nothing they can do for me remotely. Am I going to end up paying another 2 grand for a set of inivisalign now that I'll have to wear all day every day, plus something else to finally get my stupid back teeth to touch? This is incredibly frustrating - braces plus surgery was thousands of dollars and a huge pain in the ass, and I don't relish doing it again.