wobbly teeth caused by bite due to braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

quinrose

wobbly teeth caused by bite due to braces

#1 Post by quinrose »

its been two months since I got my braces and my teeth are pretty aligned already. my teeth were never extremely misaligned but few weeks ago I became aware of my bottom teeth hitting the back of my top front teeth (the left canine and the teeth to the front of it) before I even fully close my jaw

the new bite has been causing me to unconsciously clench my teeth even when sleeping. I think it is forcibly pushing my front teeth forward while my braces are pulling it back...
before (as in two weeks ago) it would be somewhat uncomfortable forcing my jaw to close but now theres barely any sensation. I noticed today that when I look in the mirror and bite down I can visibly see my top teeth shift forward and when I open my mouth they would move back. the shift is not crazy wobbly but at the same time none of my other teeth shift as much when the same force is applied. though the discomfort is gone I still find myself clenching my teeth together but not to the point I would wake up with sore jaws

this kind of instability in my teeth really worries me and im wondering if its something I should rush to see another dentist for. right now I have an appoint booked for next month because my orthodontist is on vacation till then..

thanks for your attention