Broken Bracket

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wwang0919

Broken Bracket

#1 Post by wwang0919 »

Hello everyone,

I have a loose bracket and I noticed that the tooth shifted immediately after the bracket became loose. Is this normal for the tooth to shift so fast? I am worried since I am nearing the end of my treatment and I am concerned that once the braces come off, the teeth will reshift back to their original position. I had braces for a long time and I am nearing the end of a retreatment. Thanks.

AliBeale

Re: Broken Bracket

#2 Post by AliBeale »

Hiya,

Have you let your dentist know? usually they can fix this for you quickly. Once you have your brace off, they should give you your retainer.
I have had many brackets pop off over time and it hasn't usually done too much damage if you have the bracket glued back on quickly.