Ugh, bracket detached from same tooth again

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tyrantblade

Ugh, bracket detached from same tooth again

#1 Post by Tyrantblade »

This is the 4th time and now it's one of 2 teeth that I need to move so I can get these removed (looking like maybe in August), so now I'm gonna have to call my Orthodontist in the morning and see if I can get an appointment for later in the day and then hopefully this doesn't keep happening (on a side note, I also have like an inch long sharp end of wire stabbing me in the cheek when I eat food, so I can have them trim that down as well.)

I don't know why it keeps happening besides that this tooth has bonding over a hairline crack it had before; and even so it only started happening months ago.

I don't even try to chew foods with the teeth in the middle of my mouth because it can move around the Pontic I have a lot, which can be so annoying.

Nor have I ate anything I shouldn't since before this bracket started popping off.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

KellyGreen

Re: Ugh, bracket detached from same tooth again

#2 Post by KellyGreen »

This happened to me. Had my braces put on yesterday morning only to have the 2 front bottom brackets detach from the tooth in the evening. All I had to eat yesterday were omelets and frozen yogurt. :/ I never played around with my braces, either.

Glad to know it has happened to another person so I won't feel stupid when I go back to get them fixed on Tuesday. I'm afraid my ortho offic will think I was negligent when, in actuality, I wasn't.

Tyrantblade

#3 Post by Tyrantblade »

Weird thing is this never used to happen early on, now that I'm near the end it pops off before my next appointment every time, I only need it to last 1.5 months and then like another month or 1.5 months or whatever and then I should be all done.
Lots of crimes here

3. Open bite

Tyrantblade

#4 Post by Tyrantblade »

Couldn't do a Friday appoint as they weren't open, called them as soon as they opened today and I will be going in Thursday evening at a different location, maybe different assistants/Orthos will do a better job and it won't keep breaking off (the bonding that is).
Lots of crimes here

3. Open bite