Changing your orthodontists ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krystal7krystal7

Changing your orthodontists ?

#1 Post by krystal7krystal7 »

I do know that changing your ortho is a bad idea.
But have you ever done that ?
I want to know how it turned out for you :)

sandiego88

Re: Changing your orthodontists ?

#2 Post by sandiego88 »

I've read that a lot of people will have swollen gums and it'll go down a while after getting braces off. Mine have swelled while having braces on. Make sure they're brushing the teeth/gumline really well and angling the tooth brush. That helped my gum health significantly while in braces.

FlyByNight

Re: Changing your orthodontists ?

#3 Post by FlyByNight »

braceface2 wrote:no but I kind of wish we did. Why do you want to change yours? I wonder how that would have been with the payments you already made, etc. My child just got braces off the other day and I'm not happy. The teeth really took a beating and look worse now but partly child is at fault for such poor hygeine. Child brushed 2x day (only child so I was on them daily!) but gums so incredibly swollen.
I wouldn't blame the orthodontist for swollen gums. You can brush your teeth 20x per day but if you don't brush the gum line, it doesn't do any good for your gum health, which can lead to gingivitis, and eventually periodontitis. As for changing orthos, you would most likely have to get your braces taken off and your new ortho would put his on.