Colgate Phos-Flur vs ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

snbar

Colgate Phos-Flur vs ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride

#1 Post by snbar »

I have been using Colgate Phos-Flur for 8 month now and I really like it. I have tried ACT braces care but I feel that it is not as effective as Phos-Flur in preventing white spots (my main concern). My orhtodontist recommended me to use Phos-Flur but I recently I found out that my clinic doesn't sell it anymore. I live in Singapore and Colgate Phos-Flur is not sold in drugstores. I am looking into buying them from US and getting them shipped to Singapore but the total price after shipping seems really expensive. I am looking at cheaper alternative and saw that ACT Total Care Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash has Sodium Fluoride (0.05%) (0.02% w/v Fluoride Ion). This somewhat comparable to Colgate Phos-Flur's of Sodium Fluoride (0.04%) (0.02% w/v Fluoride Ion). Anyone has experience in using the former? I also noticed that unlike Phos-Flur, the former doesn't have Phosphoric Acid.