Early brace removal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hazele

Early brace removal?

#1 Post by hazele »

I got my braces on in May 2016, and I have another tightening in just over a month to close a gap between my front teeth, but after that my teeth are pretty much straight and I don't have much of an overbite. There is one tooth on my bottom row that is very wonky, however it's not impacting my dental hygiene or health, and I really don't care about it. Do I have the right to ask for them to be taken off after this? Braces lower my self esteem so much, and as I'm going away for the summer and am then starting a new school in September, I really don't want to have to deal with that lowering my confidence. Also, being away for so long makes me uneasy just in case something breaks. Thanks

Catpotat

Re: Early brace removal?

#2 Post by Catpotat »

I think you have the right to get them removed at any point of your treatment, but I would highly discourage you from doing so. If you can hold on until the end of your treatment, it will be so worth it. Ensuring that your teeth are aligned properly is important and I'm sure in several years you may regret not spending a little longer in braces to get perfect teeth which will give you more confidence :) Hang in there!