Distal jet apprehension

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

30something

Distal jet apprehension

#1 Post by 30something »

Hi all!

I am 32 and had some poor work done as a teen, so I have never had straight teeth. I have now decided to go for it and have orthodontic treatment.

The first appliance I am having fitted is a distal jet. I have had the metal molar caps on before for a couple of days and they started to cut my cheeks to pieces. I am now pretty terrified of getting this appliance as I know it's going to make me suffer eating-wise, speaking-wise (I am a teacher), not to mention my love life!

Can anyone tell me their experience of this device??