Can non surgical palate expansion happen at 22?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amanygh

Can non surgical palate expansion happen at 22?

#1 Post by amanygh »

Im seeing alot of orthodonists say that the palate wont be expanded at that point but rather ur teeth are tipped. I want to reverse my bicupid extractions but I have to consider how enough space will be created. I don''t want to lose my gums and deal with other issues the second time around. Its sad that while extractions are convenient they provide way more space than needed for some individuals. I am positive i wanna reopen the spaced but so many what ifs are driving me insane :-+

Synergy91

Re: Can non surgical palate expansion happen at 22?

#2 Post by Synergy91 »

Well I am facing the same situation as you, I had my top bicuspids removed when I was younger for braces and did not like my facial profile that happened as a result. So when I was 23 yrs old, I had them reversed and still I am currently doing that at the age of 26, its been a long process but finally they are opened . However I am not happy with my teeth honestly from an aesthetic point of view, but I really cant go back now and change it because I have spent so much money on this procedure.