Closed lock Jaw - 8 weeks post op

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Suziesue83

Closed lock Jaw - 8 weeks post op

#1 Post by Suziesue83 »

Hi, I had ortho surgery on lower jaw to correct an overbite, all is starting to look good except I cannot open my mouth properly, I believe I have a slipped disc, has anyone experienced this, if so how long did it last, what helps and what should I expect from my ortho? So far he has just discontinued bands on the braces to minimise tension and recommend remaining on soft foods . Also I have hypermobility and suspect a connection. I'm NHS so don't want to be ungrateful but am left regretting opting for surgery at this time..